Psychiatry & Psychology--General/inositol

I take zoloft for ocd/depression/social anxiety disorder I think my doctor told me about inositol awhile back. So I ordered some but the when I diid the math of the one I  ordered which is 227 grams it would last half a month at high doses. Is it possible to ask my doc for a prescription for the vitamin?would insurane help covers the cost do you think? Or they wouldn't have prescription vitamins?

Very few insurance companies pay for any over the counter medications.  You could always ask your insurance company.  I am sure the doctor will have no problems writing a prescription for this, but unless it is covered by insurance, there won't be any reason for this.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.

Dr. Daniel S. Harrop received his B.A. and his M.D., both from Brown, and his M.B.A. from the Edinburgh Business School, Scotland. Board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry, he is a past president of the R.I. Psychiatric Society and a member of the Committee on Medical Quality of the American Psychiatric Association and the Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the R.I Medical Society. He serves as a consultant to four of the top five major medical management companies, including OptumHealth/United Healthcare, Magellan Behavioral Health Services, ValueOptions and APS Healthcare, and maintains a private practice in Providence, R.I. He also serves as chief psychiatric consultant on the Medical Advisory Board at the R.I. Workers Compensation Court. He was formerly on the faculty at the medical schools at both Brown University and Harvard University.