Psychiatry & Psychology--General/ssri withdrawal

Question
Sir,
since last 2 years i am taking antidepressant firstly sertraline then Escilatopram 10 and the moment i try to be off i feel jerk in my head when i move my eyes i always stop in tapered manner but it does not help I am male 40 kindly help i tried yoga too.

Answer
It may be that the SSRI is actually treating some anxiety problems which show up as muscle twitches, so when you try stopping the medications the twitches come back.  The only way to be sure is to stop the medications and try to tolerate the twitching for some time.  If it persists, you need the medication.  If it goes away, it was a side effect of the withdrawal.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.