Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Fear of abadonement

I have a roommate with an intense fear of abandonment, maybe BPD.  
How can I ease my roommates fears, I intend to move out before the summer is over.  
I want to know how to make the relationship go more smoothly.  
What can I say to her that will lessen her fear that I will abandon or reject her?  

Oh, unfortunately, if there are abandonment issues and BPD, this is not going to go easily.  You are moving out; sound like abandonment to me -- might be appropriate, but all you can do is promise you will continue to be friends later AND THEN YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE PROMISE OR YOU ARE BEING CRUEL.  Why are you moving out?  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.

Dr. Daniel S. Harrop received his B.A. and his M.D., both from Brown, and his M.B.A. from the Edinburgh Business School, Scotland. Board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry, he is a past president of the R.I. Psychiatric Society and a member of the Committee on Medical Quality of the American Psychiatric Association and the Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the R.I Medical Society. He serves as a consultant to four of the top five major medical management companies, including OptumHealth/United Healthcare, Magellan Behavioral Health Services, ValueOptions and APS Healthcare, and maintains a private practice in Providence, R.I. He also serves as chief psychiatric consultant on the Medical Advisory Board at the R.I. Workers Compensation Court. He was formerly on the faculty at the medical schools at both Brown University and Harvard University.