Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Fear of abadonement

Question
I have a roommate with an intense fear of abandonment, maybe BPD.  
How can I ease my roommates fears, I intend to move out before the summer is over.  
I want to know how to make the relationship go more smoothly.  
What can I say to her that will lessen her fear that I will abandon or reject her?  

Thanks
Ryan

Answer
Oh, unfortunately, if there are abandonment issues and BPD, this is not going to go easily.  You are moving out; sound like abandonment to me -- might be appropriate, but all you can do is promise you will continue to be friends later AND THEN YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE PROMISE OR YOU ARE BEING CRUEL.  Why are you moving out?  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.