Psychiatry & Psychology--General/What can I do? Please help!

(I know this is big but please-please read it)
Hello, I am a 14 year old girl and I have trichotillomania. It started when I was 12 years old. I have a spot on my scalp with really less hair. I think I know the cause of this. I was sexually abused many times when I was 6-8 years old. That time I didn't know what it was all about and was warned not to tell anybody. Also, I have many family problems. My parents are always shouting at me for no reason. My sister keeps making fun of me and my parents support her. My parents abuse me mentally. Because of all these problems, I keep crying and have headache all day long. I really want to go to psychologist or someone but my parents shout at me for even thinking about it. Then they act all nice and tell me that there is no need for a psychologist in this. I want to go to a doctor, I have such a bad headache (even right now). I am suicidal sometimes and am alive only because of 3 reasons- my best friend, my boyfriend and my dog. I am pretty sure my best friend and boyfriend will break down if something happens to me. And there'll be no one to take care of my dog. But I really want live a happy life. My head hurts, I have a small bald patch on my scalp and it couldn't get any worse. Please help! What can I do to treat this trichotillomania problem first of all? And what do I do about this headache? I am so sorry if it was long but please-please do help me. Thank you so much in advance.

Maybe you could talk to a counselor or teacher at school. Also, the trichotillomania is due to anxiety related to your home experiences and abuse. The way forward is to find a counselor who you can talk to about your anxiety. By expressing in words and putting your emotions into words, the pressure will go down and you will feel supported. Your anxiety will go down and your hair will grow back.  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel Keeran

I am able to answer questions about relationships, parent, child, self-help, marriage, counseling, depression, sexual abuse, rape trauma, bereavement, grief, death of loved one, child abduction, conflict at work, separation, divorce, break-up, fear of remaining single, infertility, childlessness, anger management, verbal abuse, family violence, repeating unhealthy relationships, substance abuse, addiction, childhood abuse, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, loneliness, co-dependency, porn addiction, religious alienation, bi-polar disorder, homelessness, anti-social personality, foster care, borderline personality disorder, psychology, mental health, counseling skills, adoption, bankruptcy, insomnia, agoraphobia, social anxiety FREE PDF DOWNLOAD "Counseling In A Book"

I have been a counselor for over 30 years in private practice and hospital settings. For deeper understanding and healing childhood experiences affecting adult life and relationships with self and others see the reader-friendly source

College of Professional Counseling and Therapy at

author, "Effective Counseling Skills" at and "Loss and Grief Counseling Skills" at

MSW in psychiatric clinical social work