Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Trapped

I have been with my fiancée for over a year now. when we first got together he was sweet and charming and ever extremely protective over me. he wouldn't let me out of his sight for anything. we got engaged after only 2 weeks, I love him. I have realized though very quickly that he was a habitual liar, he kisses everyones butt but behind the scene I get yelled at and called names and what a bitch I am. after this he says he is sorry but I shouldn't be doing this that or the other. most of the time I don't have phone priveleges and cant go 45 minutes south to see any of my family, they hate me now. I just moved in my little sister and although I cannot have babies anymore hes always going on about having one. he has occasionally hit me yes I know its abuse, I have tried to get away but he physically stops me and I cant call the cops on him because almost all of his family works for them he reminds me of this anytime we fight. I recently found out he is doing krank again but he won't stop. anymore I don't want to live, is there anything I can do, or do I have to kill myself. because lord knows that he will kill me if I do get away because he will find me, he always has.

You need to run away.  There are women's shelters that will take you with this story. You should call an abused women's hotline and find resources. If you don't run away now, you don't have to worry about killing yourself, since he will do it for you at some point in the near future.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.

Dr. Daniel S. Harrop received his B.A. and his M.D., both from Brown, and his M.B.A. from the Edinburgh Business School, Scotland. Board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry, he is a past president of the R.I. Psychiatric Society and a member of the Committee on Medical Quality of the American Psychiatric Association and the Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the R.I Medical Society. He serves as a consultant to four of the top five major medical management companies, including OptumHealth/United Healthcare, Magellan Behavioral Health Services, ValueOptions and APS Healthcare, and maintains a private practice in Providence, R.I. He also serves as chief psychiatric consultant on the Medical Advisory Board at the R.I. Workers Compensation Court. He was formerly on the faculty at the medical schools at both Brown University and Harvard University.