Psychiatry & Psychology--General/friend or tyrant

I live with my sister and her husband. I also live with my daughter and my boyfriend of 6 years. My boyfriend is a very unhappy. We dsiagree 50% of the time when it comes to disciplining my child because he is very agresive with words. My sister gets involved with slight hints of disagreement. This living situation will be over in 6 months , and my boyfriend is jelous of my sister.  I refuse to take sides because everyone is equally important to me. My question is open to anothers opinion and thats why im seeking answers. Am i incorrect for not taking sides. I dont feel like this should be an issue. One is forceing me to have a higher importance for them than the other, or they say the relationship must mean nothing. Its obviously more than I can write so Ill leave it to the action of if I take sides . Or if leaving it lie will define true relationships. thanks

Hi beatrice, thanks for your question. You asked, "Am i incorrect for not taking sides". My opinion is 'yes'. It can be very damaging to a child when they are getting mixed messages from the adults around them. Besides, why would you not want your child raised according to your values *not the values of others"? I suggest that you seek psychotherapy (preferably with the others) to help resolve the situation.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Bruce Borkosky, Psy.D.

any related to psychology, especially related to forensic psychology

15 years as a licensed psychologist, 15 years in private practice. My practice began primarily doing individual and group psychotherapy, is now devoted to assessments, but I occasionally do take on clients in therapy.

American Psychological Association

B.A. psychology, B.A., music, Ohio Wesleyan U., 1978 MCS, computer science, University of Dayton, 1984 MA, psychology, Miami Inst. of Psychology, 1991 Psy.D., psychology, Miami Inst. of Psychology, 1993 post doctoral training in Neuropsychology, Fielding Institute, 1995-1997