Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Images when eyes close

Question
Sometimes when I I close my eyes even for a second to rub them or something like that I see crazy mostly evil images that I have never seen before. Sometimes I can control what these images do and sometimes a noise will change them. This has been going on for a couple if years but is now more frequent, should I be worried?

Answer
It's hard to tell, Brian, but it might not hurt to talk to a mental-heath professional like a family doctor, psychiatrist, or clinical psychologist. It might depend on what you mean by "see" (how vivid they are), how long they last, what they mean to you, and what other concerns there might be.

Sorry I can't provide a more definitive answer, but will add that it's a matter of being prudent and safe rather than worried.

Hope those comments were of some small help, and thanks for asking us.

Alan

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Alan Auerbach