Psychiatry & Psychology--General/After effects of depression

Question
Hi
I am 18yr old boy. Recently I was diagnosed of having mild depression. I was prescribed the medicine of censpram.
I am a introvert and my communication with girls is very less. However after using the medicine for 1 month. I am expressing an increase in sexual feelings.Now I just want to talk to girls all the time .
I don't know if it is normal or not. So please help

Answer
Hello Ramana...

Thank you for your question. It does sound like something has changed in your mood and social anxiety. That seems to be a good thing. However, it also seems to have triggered something worrisome for you. You say that you "just want to talk to girls all the time."

This could be perfectly normal. You have felt introverted for a long time, perhaps wanting to speak to girls and not feeling like you could. Perhaps the medicine has helped lessen the depression (and maybe calmed some anxiety) which has allowed you to feel freer to talk to girls. If this is the case, my sense is that this urgency to talk to girls will also calm down, once you have begun to successfully form some friendships/relationships. I would suggest to be mindful of your feelings...be reflective as to why you feel the need to talk ALL the time. Can you slow down a little and savor the new freedom you are feeling to communicate to girls? Are you enjoying yourself? I think you are having a positive response to the medication which may also cause you to have other questions about relationships.

Are you also seeing a therapist, along with getting medication? It might be helpful. If you cannot or do not have access to one, do you have a trusted friend or family member you might confide in to help with some of these feelings?

It actually sounds like everything is moving along well for you. I detect some underlying worry that motivated you to send your question. If that is true, you can reconnect with an expert here on this site or turn to someone nearby with your concerns.

I wish you all the best!

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Jacquelynn Cunliffe