Psychiatry & Psychology--General/I'm stuck...

Hi...I don't have a question exactly, it's more of a situation which I don't know how to resolve. For some time now I've found myself stuck in a deep pit from which I cannot escape. I can't concetrate, and I barely get any school work done. No matter how hard I try, the motivation is simply not there. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore, and my poor parents are the ones paying for my inability to act. I'm starting to get desperate since I don't see a way out, so I need help, badly.

It's hard to comment helpfully without knowing a bit more, Luis.

Can't concentrate or get your work done (which I take it is the pit) because ...? What level of school, and what subject is the most problematical? Need help just with your concentration, or is there something else? Have you told your parents of your turmoil, or why not?  When did it start? Anything else you think I should know?

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Alan Auerbach

Taught psychology for 30 years, authored four textbooks. Specialize in introductory and industrial/organizational psychology, but will tackle wider range of areas.