Psychiatry & Psychology--General/nightmare

I just woke up from a nightmare. In that nightmare I was in a van with our entire family and relatives. The van then stopped in front of a tall gate. Weird looking men came out if the gate and asked us to come in. My little sister and I went in last because I arranged my bag in the van so that no one could steal from it. When my sister and I went in the gate then in a room, there was another door. I opened the door slowly, and then a terrifying scream greeted me and my sister. Our family and relatives we burning alive. Like there were in a concentration camp.  I was carrying my baby sister and she was clueless. My sister and I hid in a corner and told her that everyone's dead so she must stay quiet if she doesn't want us dead too. Then I woke up shaking and catching my breath. May I ask if this dream meant something subconsciously? I'm a psychology student and I believe that every dream has its own message from the subconscious mind. But i cant seem to know.

"I'm a psychology student and I believe that every dream has its own message from the subconscious mind."

Then I am not the person to ask.  I do not believe this, and believe that dreams are simply the brain re-booting itself for the next day, and dreams mean little to nothing.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.

Dr. Daniel S. Harrop received his B.A. and his M.D., both from Brown, and his M.B.A. from the Edinburgh Business School, Scotland. Board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry, he is a past president of the R.I. Psychiatric Society and a member of the Committee on Medical Quality of the American Psychiatric Association and the Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the R.I Medical Society. He serves as a consultant to four of the top five major medical management companies, including OptumHealth/United Healthcare, Magellan Behavioral Health Services, ValueOptions and APS Healthcare, and maintains a private practice in Providence, R.I. He also serves as chief psychiatric consultant on the Medical Advisory Board at the R.I. Workers Compensation Court. He was formerly on the faculty at the medical schools at both Brown University and Harvard University.