Psychiatry & Psychology--General/social world

Question
Hi!
I want the psychological answer to this question:
I take this as an example. I live in this world with a lot of people but I still end up lonely even if I have friends. Why is this? I even meet people. It's like people like me but maybe I don't really mean too much to them. I am confused about social life (I should give up being social since it's too harsh and hard). How does a psychologist look at such a problem? Is there any help from psychology? I've tried to get help from psychologist but it's like psychologist can't really help me. What are your amazing thoughts?

Answer
Hi, Johannes, thanks for your questions. You asked, "I still end up lonely even if I have friends. Why is this?"

This is called the human condition. Some people are more attuned to it than others.

"How does a psychologist look at such a problem? Is there any help from psychology?"
---- you can learn defenses to avoid thinking/feeling it, yes. Or you could learn to accept the feelings and live your life to the best you can. Yes, psychology can help. You might consider Fruedian/psychodynamic therapy, and/or existential therapy.

There really is no 'fix', since this is a human condition. However, one possibility might be to spend your time trying to help other people's loneliness. That might distract you from thinking about yours all the time.  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Bruce Borkosky, Psy.D.