Psychiatry & Psychology--General/borderline personality

Question
Hi, I am interested to know about borderline personality disorder, specifically, sexual promiscuity in borderlines. I am wondering what causes a borderline to tend to be sexually promiscuous? What is often the thought/reasoning/feeling behind their actions in terms of promiscuity? Is it simply related to impulsive behaviour? Or is it deeper, for example "quick sexual relations" with people means there is no long term connection = no risk of being abandoned, or maybe self esteem? Does it make them feel better about themselves, make them feel "wanted" and loved by other people? Or is it something entirely different? Thanks.

Answer
Narcissists, psychopaths, sex, and marital fidelity

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/narcissisticabuse/conversations/messages/4920

VIDEOS The Narcissist's Sexuality

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsh_y_ett4o0iK4zrGEzZRk0S6MrktltX

Sexual promiscuity is more typical of Histrionic Personality Disorder (not Borderline PD):

http://samvak.tripod.master.com/texis/master/search/?q=histrionic

On the differences between narcissists, histrionic, and borderlines:

http://www.narcissistic-abuse.com/faq82.html

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Sam Vaknin, Ph.D.