You are here:

Psychiatry & Psychology--General/husband is having some problems


Sir, I think my husband is having some problems. He thinks everyone is doing something against him. He don't trust anyone. Not me, not his parents, none. I even told him one day that we will go see a councillor but he won't. I dont know what to do. Please help me

If he has a doctor of any type, I would certainly call the doctor and let him know (this could be the result of medications for example).  If there is someone he trusts other than you, perhaps that person could intervene. Or, you could ALL try at one to tell him he is acting strangely and needs help.  If he does anything dangerous, the police can be called and he can be brought to a hospital.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.


Dr. Daniel S. Harrop received his B.A. and his M.D., both from Brown, and his M.B.A. from the Edinburgh Business School, Scotland. Board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry, he is a past president of the R.I. Psychiatric Society and a member of the Committee on Medical Quality of the American Psychiatric Association and the Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the R.I Medical Society. He serves as a consultant to four of the top five major medical management companies, including OptumHealth/United Healthcare, Magellan Behavioral Health Services, ValueOptions and APS Healthcare, and maintains a private practice in Providence, R.I. He also serves as chief psychiatric consultant on the Medical Advisory Board at the R.I. Workers Compensation Court. He was formerly on the faculty at the medical schools at both Brown University and Harvard University.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]