Psychiatry & Psychology--General/help

Question
dear doctor.My psychiatrist adviced me to take cymbalta wich is too good.but also adviced me to take carbazepina....oxicodal and risperdal and quetiapina.....I do not understand why so many medicines. Why not just cymbalta? I quit taking oxicodal and risperdal and feel a litle bad. When I think that I do not deserve it to take antidepressants for the rest of my life...I never suspect that several episodes of major depressions and in a chronic one.

Answer
Cymbalta is only for depression, Quetiapine is a booster for antidepressants, Risperidol is for fears and anxiety -- they all do different things.  You note when you stopped the risperidol, you felt worse.  You need to discuss this with your doctor and follow their advice.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.