Psychiatry & Psychology--General/help

dear doctor.My psychiatrist adviced me to take cymbalta wich is too good.but also adviced me to take carbazepina....oxicodal and risperdal and quetiapina.....I do not understand why so many medicines. Why not just cymbalta? I quit taking oxicodal and risperdal and feel a litle bad. When I think that I do not deserve it to take antidepressants for the rest of my life...I never suspect that several episodes of major depressions and in a chronic one.

Cymbalta is only for depression, Quetiapine is a booster for antidepressants, Risperidol is for fears and anxiety -- they all do different things.  You note when you stopped the risperidol, you felt worse.  You need to discuss this with your doctor and follow their advice.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.

Dr. Daniel S. Harrop received his B.A. and his M.D., both from Brown, and his M.B.A. from the Edinburgh Business School, Scotland. Board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry, he is a past president of the R.I. Psychiatric Society and a member of the Committee on Medical Quality of the American Psychiatric Association and the Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the R.I Medical Society. He serves as a consultant to four of the top five major medical management companies, including OptumHealth/United Healthcare, Magellan Behavioral Health Services, ValueOptions and APS Healthcare, and maintains a private practice in Providence, R.I. He also serves as chief psychiatric consultant on the Medical Advisory Board at the R.I. Workers Compensation Court. He was formerly on the faculty at the medical schools at both Brown University and Harvard University.