Psychiatry & Psychology--General/How would anti social personality disorder and avoidant personality disorder combine?

Question
What would somebody be like who has anti-social personality disorder and avoidant personality disorder?

Answer
In everyday terms, someone might be considered as having anti-social personality disorder if s/he were at least 18 years of age AND were extraordinarily manipulative, dishonest, and scheming in a way that gains things for the person but hurts others. People with ASPD seem to lack conscience or empathy and therefore have no thought to the people that are affected by their behaviors. Often there is an accompanying inflated ego such that the person has grandiose ideas of him/herself and can be quite self-righteous. Men are 3 times as likely to suffer from this disorder than women. One important feature in making an accurate diagnosis is that the person also must have been diagnosed with Conduct Disorder BEFORE the age of 15.

Avoidant Personality Disorder: The title describes the person well. The individual avoids social contact out of fear of criticism, rejection, or disapproval.They have a very strong and often unyielding belief in their own inadequacies and carry great shame due to their beliefs in their being thoroughly unlikable or unlovable. This is very different from ASPD in that the person avoids social contact out of fear that they will be hurt. ASPD do not avoid social contact...they engage others as an avenue for their own gain with total disregard to the rights or well-being of others.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Jacquelynn Cunliffe