Psychiatry & Psychology--General/i think im bipolar

Question
My mom does not believe I'm bipolar. People have been throwing the word around so jokingly when i was younger i never thought that it could really be reality. I thought it was fun to be different when i was younger so i just went with. I've taken almost all of the online mental illness surveys (i have no idea if they're accurate) and most of them said bipolar 1 and anxiety disorder. My mom thinks its because im 19 and transitioning from a kid to an adult and im stressed. She feels that im just extremely naiive and gulliable for a 19 year old She also said i should pray and that she thinks someone is trying to brainwash me so they're telling me things that aren't true. (i just recently got a new, older boyfriend) But, everyone but her notices my mood, how i act and talk and say that im a little crazy. I don't want to be crazy its not like something i want in life, who really wants to have something inhibiting from being normal. I just want to know if theres something really wrong with me?

Answer
"I just want to know if theres something really wrong with me?"

That will take an examination by a doctor.  Perhaps your mom could set this up for you, or you could ask any doctor you might see for this.  There are also usually "Mental Health Centers" in most counties, and you might find one through the phone book.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.