Psychiatry & Psychology--General/ayuda

dear and good friend. I have been nailbiting but I am going to take alprazolam. My psychiatrist , who is not psychotherapist, adviced to me to take frisium (clobazam) but here in venezuela we are in a crisis and , like in cuba, you do not find the medicines you are looking for. I think over and over in the problem with the car. I consulted during 5 yearas to a psychichiatrist who was psychotherapist, even the fact she was good, in crisis I decided consult to a just psychistrist who is good at medicating even the fact that he is not good at advicing.
thanks for listening to me

Hello Anton,

I answered your other question and advised in that response, to seek out psychotherapy. In this post you say you had a good psychiatrist who was also a therapist. Why did you quit that doctor? Was she not helpful? I might give her another chance but you must be thoroughly engaged in the psychotherapy and believe that it will help you. Otherwise you will end up being more resistant to the therapy than will be useful to you.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Jacquelynn Cunliffe

I would like to answer under the category of Psychiatry and Psychology. However, I would like to see a separate category for Psychotherapy/Psychoanalysis. I do not answer questions about medications as I do not prescribe. My expertise is in psychotherapeutic treatment.

I am a psychotherapist and psychoanalyst who specializes in the treatment of mental health issues caused by childhood trauma, domestic abuse, eating disorders, relationship difficulties, and a wide variety of psychological disorders. The kind of therapy I do is often referred to as deep therapy, talk therapy, or psychoanalytic therapy. Please note that I am not against medications and when managed well, medication can be an adjunct to psychotherapy intervention. I think it is important for the public to realize that psychodynamic or psychoanalytic psychotherapy DOESmake changes not only in people's minds but those changes can also be detected in their brain structure. Psychotherapy and psychoanalysis are powerful interventions to help people change their lives from the inside out.

American Psychoanalytic Association American Psychiatric Nurse Association Member of Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia Member of National Eating Disorder Association

Ph.D.-University of Pennsylvania, Psychology and Education, Division of Human Development M.S.N. and R.N.-B.C. Board Certified Nurse in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. 2-Year Adult Psychotherapy Program graduate 2-Year Child Psychotherapy Graduate Current: Candidate in Psychoanalytic Training at the Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia

I have worked with clients who have experienced significant childhood traumas. These patients come with a variety of mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, suicidal ideations, relationship difficulties and diagnoses such as Personality Disorders, Adjustment Disorders, and, though rarely, Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly multiple Personality Disorder)