Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Interview

Question
I have been searching in my local area to interview a psychologist or therapist, but no one is willing to take the time to answer just ten questions. So I was hoping you could help me?  I am about to graduate with my BS in psychology and really need some help.
Here are the questions if you are willing to participate:
1.)In what setting do you practice? How long have you been practicing?
2.)What are your specialties or areas of clinical focus?
3.)What are the most common disorders you treat?
4.)Do you have any special certifications or training beyond your original graduate coursework?
5.)How do you approach therapy or treatment? Do you use specific modalities, techniques, or interventions?
6.)What ethical and legal issues do you think are the most challenging or common?
7.)Do you have an opinion on where you think the field of psychology is heading?
8.)What do you enjoy most about your work?
9.)What advice would you provide an aspiring psychologist or therapist?

Thank you,
Eva

Answer
1. I have a home office. I have been practicing 8 years.
2, My specialties are treating trauma...most mental illnesses or psychological issues are caused by some form of relational trauma.
3. Trauma, eating disorders, relational difficulties
4. I continue my training in Psychoanalysis...I am a fourth year candidate in training. I also attend yearly conferences in psychoanalysis and in eating disorder treatment.
5. My modality of treatment is infused primarily with psychoanalytic techniques and approaches. Although I do not adhere strictly to such techniques, I use them to creatively attend to my patients and their problems, such that each treatment is unique to the patient. I also use mindfulness techniques to help manage symptoms while working on the underlying relational cause.
6. Patients always want to know personal things about me and have a wish to become friends. It is necessary to protect the patient and to be mindful of this desire. As such, I treat each patient compassionately and carefully. All interventions must necessarily be in the PATIENT'S best interest. Anything outside that is to be avoided at all cost. Also, patients' family members often want to be treated by me. I keep a strict rule never to take on family members as individual clients. This interferes with the primary therapeutic relationship.
7. I think, as we learn more and more about how the mind works and which modalities have the best chance of more permanent, consistent change, Psychoanalysis will enter into a Renaissance. In my mind it is the sincerest form of truth-finding, uncovering unconscious wishes, fears, and resistances that then allow healing to take place. There is a connection between quantum phenomena and psychoanalytic change. That may be the next foray of investigation.
8. Expanding my mind as I endeavor to heal others'.
9. Stay as true to yourself and to your patients as possible. Always question. Explore your motivations as well as the motivations of your patients. Be open to all ideas and ALWAYS listen to your patients carefully. THEY are the experts on themselves and have much to teach you.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Jacquelynn Cunliffe