Psychiatry & Psychology--General/lack of interest to socialize

Question
hey :) I'm 19 and recently i lost the interest to socialize and be with people,  i spend most of my time watching movies or doing nothing,  I haven't replied to any of the messages that others sent me the last 4 days ( i didn't read them too )  most of the time I'm OK and don't feel sad or depressed  but I really think that what I'm doing isn't healthy  , what should I do  ??  
thank you , I appreciate your help

Answer
Hey.

It's recent, so your present pattern doesn't make you a hermit.

And it's clearly what you want at the moment, and it seems to be working for you, so I'm not convinced something's unhealthy about it.

What should you do?  Entirely up to you.  Most 19-year-olds are perhaps overly involved with, and dependent on their self-image from, their group of friends. I don't see anything wrong with trying some social independence, at least for a while.

I see only one concern. When better to invest in your future than at your age, your stage in life? Is doing nothing (other than watching flicks) what you see fulfilling your happiness and your potential for the next half or three-quarters of a century?  Do you think that maybe when you're 40, 50, 60, you will regret a lost opportunity?

Thanks for asking us, and whatever you decide, I wish you the best of fortune.

Alan

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Alan Auerbach