Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Odd question

Question

I had awful health-problems for many years. I got cured except for one unpleasant symptom. I find I sometimes talk aloud, uttering my thoughts, and only realise I have done so  when others react negatively to my utterances, either that or I speak my thoughts out loud before I can stop in time.Even worse, the words I utter tend to be offensive to others in some way, whether sexual or otherwise - and, the more I associate with groups of others, the more likely this sort of thing happens. I am wondering what condition this symptom is connected to? Also, what can I do to remove this? I would want to avoid medication and am hoping for other solutions, though I am open to all suggestions. Thanks!

Answer
Hi Edward, well, IDK if this is any kind of diagnosis or syndrome. I am reminded of what is called the "Freudian slip' - Freud observed that slips of the tongue seem to have some kind of purpose. If this is the case with you, then psychodynamic therapy might help.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Bruce Borkosky, Psy.D.