Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Odd question

I had awful health-problems for many years. I got cured except for one unpleasant symptom. I find I sometimes talk aloud, uttering my thoughts, and only realise I have done so  when others react negatively to my utterances, either that or I speak my thoughts out loud before I can stop in time.Even worse, the words I utter tend to be offensive to others in some way, whether sexual or otherwise - and, the more I associate with groups of others, the more likely this sort of thing happens. I am wondering what condition this symptom is connected to? Also, what can I do to remove this? I would want to avoid medication and am hoping for other solutions, though I am open to all suggestions. Thanks!

Hi Edward, well, IDK if this is any kind of diagnosis or syndrome. I am reminded of what is called the "Freudian slip' - Freud observed that slips of the tongue seem to have some kind of purpose. If this is the case with you, then psychodynamic therapy might help.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Bruce Borkosky, Psy.D.

any related to psychology, especially related to forensic psychology

15 years as a licensed psychologist, 15 years in private practice. My practice began primarily doing individual and group psychotherapy, is now devoted to assessments, but I occasionally do take on clients in therapy.

American Psychological Association

B.A. psychology, B.A., music, Ohio Wesleyan U., 1978 MCS, computer science, University of Dayton, 1984 MA, psychology, Miami Inst. of Psychology, 1991 Psy.D., psychology, Miami Inst. of Psychology, 1993 post doctoral training in Neuropsychology, Fielding Institute, 1995-1997