Psychiatry & Psychology--General/ayuda

QUESTION: dear friend, you know, last night I take 2 mk of alprazolam pill and today I did not bite my nails, I di not revise my email 30 times a day and feel so quite. I would like to feel that way without taking it posible? If I take alprazolam I could get adicted to this medicines: I would like to behave a a budist menge (priest) witj no pills at all. What is ypur opinion, and, by the way, what do you think about my 3 yearas without sex with my partnner...3 years, no 3 days..
Thanks you...

ANSWER: Hello again, Anton,

I will tell you, once again, how I feel about medication and mental health issues. If you do not get therapy as a component to your treatment, then yes, you will have to be on medication for as long as your symptoms last. This may be for the rest of your life. If psychotherapy is difficult to find, then the medication may be your only choice.

I do not have any opinion with regards to your celibacy because you provide no other information. Does this bother you? Does it bother your partner? Are you celibate because of no libido or sex drive or is it due to some religious or physical reason? My opinion does not matter unless it is connected to better understanding of the current problem. You do not say whether this is a problem for you or not.

If you are seeking more information, then you might consult another therapist or you can give me more information so i can help you.

QUESTION: dear friend: my psychotherapist who is psychodinamical, gestalt, and other forms of treatment told me once that it was dificult the sexual desire to come back after all these grieves. I got a car 8 years ago and since that time I alternate with prostitutes in my cars even mendings, I felt ertremelly exited getting prostitutes, mendings, drugs consumers into my car. My psychiatrist / psychotherapist adviced me to get divorced but I do not desire to leave my wife even the fact that I do not feel sexual atraction to her, Do you believe that if I come back with my psychotherapist I will not need medicines for so much time? To be honest my wife is just a partner growing up our two teens.I do not feel sex even out my married actually.I feel I do not have a good erection. I have seen two sexologist who indicated me to take medicines to get lower my prolactine lever due to antidepressants buy in Venezuela this medicines are not found.
In the fourth depressive episode the psychiatrist, who is psychotherapist did not cure the depression, did not find the cure with pills. Then I consulted a psychistrist who is not psychotherapist inmediatelly cured the depression. You know dear friend that when you have a depression episode it is so painfull that without pills it is not posible to get cured. Do you believe sincerelly that with my 4 episodes of mayoy depression I could get cured for ever without pills?
thanks again.

Since you are not my patient and you already have a psychotherapist/psychiatrist who has cared for you, I would suggest that she or he would be the best judge of your particular situation. I would never say that it is impossible to eventually go without medication. Neither would I say that it is expected that you be able to eventually go without medication. Every individual is different. It is unclear why you quit the services of your psychotherapist/psychiatrist. From my perspective, that doctor might be your very best choice to consult with on your case.

In short, my advice would be to listen to the advice of those professionals who are able to treat you in person. Professionals who volunteer on these internet-based websites have very limited knowledge of each individual case. Given this limitation, we can only give generalizations as we try our best to help those seeking counsel.

I wish you the best of luck.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Jacquelynn Cunliffe

I would like to answer under the category of Psychiatry and Psychology. However, I would like to see a separate category for Psychotherapy/Psychoanalysis. I do not answer questions about medications as I do not prescribe. My expertise is in psychotherapeutic treatment.

I am a psychotherapist and psychoanalyst who specializes in the treatment of mental health issues caused by childhood trauma, domestic abuse, eating disorders, relationship difficulties, and a wide variety of psychological disorders. The kind of therapy I do is often referred to as deep therapy, talk therapy, or psychoanalytic therapy. Please note that I am not against medications and when managed well, medication can be an adjunct to psychotherapy intervention. I think it is important for the public to realize that psychodynamic or psychoanalytic psychotherapy DOESmake changes not only in people's minds but those changes can also be detected in their brain structure. Psychotherapy and psychoanalysis are powerful interventions to help people change their lives from the inside out.

American Psychoanalytic Association American Psychiatric Nurse Association Member of Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia Member of National Eating Disorder Association

Ph.D.-University of Pennsylvania, Psychology and Education, Division of Human Development M.S.N. and R.N.-B.C. Board Certified Nurse in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. 2-Year Adult Psychotherapy Program graduate 2-Year Child Psychotherapy Graduate Current: Candidate in Psychoanalytic Training at the Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia

I have worked with clients who have experienced significant childhood traumas. These patients come with a variety of mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, suicidal ideations, relationship difficulties and diagnoses such as Personality Disorders, Adjustment Disorders, and, though rarely, Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly multiple Personality Disorder)