Psychiatry & Psychology--General/help

dear friend. I have just colsulted a psychiatrist and asked her about why i have been 3 years without sexual relations with my wife and according to her (psychodinamical psychotherapist) the reason is that I fell in love with a girl 3 years ago and I quit her because her was pulling my leg. 3 years without relations due to the fact that I fell in love with a girl that did not fall in love for me. The psychotherapist recomended me quit all contact with her trough facebook or any picture. Can you imagine my poor wife all this time with a man who was not interested in any woman but the one he fell in love. What is your opinion dear friend?

Hello Anton,

You have posted this question to me in the past and you might go back and review some of my responses. Once again, the work that you do with your psychiatrist, under whose care you are currently under, can provide you the most informed insight. My opinion does not really matter as I may not have all the information and I would rather not chance giving you advice that goes contrary to your doctor. I will offer some observation. On one hand, it seems you get some pleasure imagining the hurt you may be causing your wife. On the other hand, perhaps that is because your wife has no reaction at all to your recent infidelities and you wish that she would. In any case, it would be worth your efforts to work on these issues with your current psychiatrist.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Jacquelynn Cunliffe

I would like to answer under the category of Psychiatry and Psychology. However, I would like to see a separate category for Psychotherapy/Psychoanalysis. I do not answer questions about medications as I do not prescribe. My expertise is in psychotherapeutic treatment.

I am a psychotherapist and psychoanalyst who specializes in the treatment of mental health issues caused by childhood trauma, domestic abuse, eating disorders, relationship difficulties, and a wide variety of psychological disorders. The kind of therapy I do is often referred to as deep therapy, talk therapy, or psychoanalytic therapy. Please note that I am not against medications and when managed well, medication can be an adjunct to psychotherapy intervention. I think it is important for the public to realize that psychodynamic or psychoanalytic psychotherapy DOESmake changes not only in people's minds but those changes can also be detected in their brain structure. Psychotherapy and psychoanalysis are powerful interventions to help people change their lives from the inside out.

American Psychoanalytic Association American Psychiatric Nurse Association Member of Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia Member of National Eating Disorder Association

Ph.D.-University of Pennsylvania, Psychology and Education, Division of Human Development M.S.N. and R.N.-B.C. Board Certified Nurse in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. 2-Year Adult Psychotherapy Program graduate 2-Year Child Psychotherapy Graduate Current: Candidate in Psychoanalytic Training at the Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia

I have worked with clients who have experienced significant childhood traumas. These patients come with a variety of mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, suicidal ideations, relationship difficulties and diagnoses such as Personality Disorders, Adjustment Disorders, and, though rarely, Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly multiple Personality Disorder)