Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Anxiety

Question
Can generalized anxiety disorder with panic turn into a more serious mental illness?
Also, I am the kind of person who google symptoms on line, just like everybody else. And, am also the kind of person that if I read about an illness I exhibit the symptoms even if I don't have the illness...I have been reading about a few different conditions because I have anxiety and now I have all those other disorders symptoms.
I am,seeing a psychologist over the next few days. Since there is no particular test to run with mental disorders, how can a psychologist tell which symptoms I have and which ones I have because of the stuff I have read on internet?

Answer
It can develop into depression, but more likely the panic attacks, it not controlled, would further restrict your activity, decreasing your functional ability.

Psychologists can make diagnoses by interviews, as the disorder at usually well documented with certain symptoms.  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.