Psychiatry & Psychology--General/trouble at words and regular communucation

Question
I spent 3 years outside my country where communication and culture are hard for me to learn.  so within 3 years I communicated less and it effect me till know upon 1 year returning home. I stuck to word even in my native language. I open dictionary more often. I start to ask and talk like a child, very straight to the point and suprisingly blunt.

My situation becomes a real problem when I want to enter workforce.  While having job interview I tend to answer very honest and I can not sell my self by words.  So mostly the job interview ended up by exposing my weakness than  my strength because my too-much-honesty.   Since I questions a lot to thefuture employer, they found me too much.

So my question is:  is my condition is normal?  And how can I become like this? I treat every word too careful now even in my native language and I feel like I know nothing at all so it  is hard for me to enter the workforce. I tend to question a lot of thing. I feel I am not smart. I feel everyonee seems smarter and talk more than me.

Note: I used to be overconfidence person until I felt it was very hard world that I am living in  which mademe feel helplessness during 3 years abroad.

Answer
Hi, Aimar, thanks for your questions. You asked, "is my condition is normal?  And how can I become like this?"

You said that your 'condition' is "I tend to answer very honest and I can not sell my self by words.  So mostly the job interview ended up by exposing my weakness than  my strength".

1. well, IDK what 'normal' is - there probably is no such thing. Is your situation typical? Probably yes, because everyone has both strengths and weaknesses, and problems that they need to solve.

2. I assume you meant 'how can I overcome this' - the answer is 'practice'. Practice in front of many other people. Have them ask the worst possible questions. If you have access to a video camera, record yourself over and over. Eventually you will become very good at interviews.  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Bruce Borkosky, Psy.D.