Psychiatry & Psychology--General/angry

Question
I know someone when here birthday is coming she get angry. Each motherday or birthday no present is ok. She never likes a present. She allways reproaching her partner a number of days. Then it pass away.
How to remediate this?

Answer
People are individuals, Leo. Many get angry if some date is not recognized in a certain way; a few get upset if the date is memorialized in any fashion at all.  It is neither good nor bad, it is simply the way people are.

It's like food preferences. No need to remediate anything, and it is helpful to simply respect whatever the preferences are.

I think you want to show some devotion and affection, and feel hurt that the customary way to do this is being rejected. It would be better to search for another method than to try to force the person to accept what you think they should.

I hope that makes sense to you, and that you agree. Thanks for asking us, and I hope you find my comments helpful.

Alan  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Alan Auerbach