Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Hi again

Hi again, Allen. You answered my question about my haunting childhood memories. Just to verify, you do not think that they meant something serious? Turned me into something? Or mean something right? Although, I understand it might be tempting to tell me that you cannot help me anymore or I need treatment, I ask you to answer my question. This issue is pretty important to me, and it would be very encouraging that a 30 yr psychology teacher doesn't think they are serious. Please answer my questions here. I will give you good ratings and NO follow ups. Thanks

Hi again Damian

It's been a while, I've answered thousands (literally) of questions here, and I'm afraid my memory isn't as good as I'd like, so I hope I recall our earlier discourse well enough.

I don't think you need help with what the memories mean, nor do I think that is an important or serious issue.

The concern seems to be your feeling of uncertainty, discomfort, and perhaps some foreboding. And this is what I think you would greatly benefit from talking over with a practitioner.  

I promise it won't hurt. And if you feel awkward about starting, you could offer a printout of your back-and-forths with us. You've done all the work, so why not take advantage of it.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Alan Auerbach

Taught psychology for 30 years, authored four textbooks. Specialize in introductory and industrial/organizational psychology, but will tackle wider range of areas.