Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Query re condition

I have a symptom which is highly embarassing and do not know in which category/condition to put it.Basically, when in the company of others, I sometimes get rushing thoughts which are rather unpleasant(offensive) and, unfortunately, I sometimes verbalise these thoughts out loud, sometimes not being fully aware I have done so unless other people have obviously heard it and show it with their body-language . I used to have all sorts of other mental and physical conditions/symptoms which I got rid of, but this is one symptom that has not disappeared. The impression I get is that my subconscious is so heavily scarred by former traum, that, when I am near groups of strangers, it forces me to say such unpleasant things in order to be expelled from human company. I suppose this could technically be termed "coprolalia" but this symptom of mine is not related to Tourette's and seems to be a different kind of thing from the dictionary term. Any ideas? Thanks!

If it is just thoughts, it falls into the range of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Coprolalia is part of Tourettes, a symptom not a disease of its own.  This would usually be handled by a return to psychotherapy and some thought blocking (or distracting) exercises.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.

Dr. Daniel S. Harrop received his B.A. and his M.D., both from Brown, and his M.B.A. from the Edinburgh Business School, Scotland. Board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry, he is a past president of the R.I. Psychiatric Society and a member of the Committee on Medical Quality of the American Psychiatric Association and the Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the R.I Medical Society. He serves as a consultant to four of the top five major medical management companies, including OptumHealth/United Healthcare, Magellan Behavioral Health Services, ValueOptions and APS Healthcare, and maintains a private practice in Providence, R.I. He also serves as chief psychiatric consultant on the Medical Advisory Board at the R.I. Workers Compensation Court. He was formerly on the faculty at the medical schools at both Brown University and Harvard University.