Psychics/Personification of the Subconscious

I understand that in psionics the subconscious performs most of the actions involved with conscious mind guiding it. As such, it becomes important to understand the mechanisms by which it works and to properly interpret information received from it. However, many people treat the subconscious from the second or third person. They treat it as 'it' not 'me'. It is highly useful to write of it this way (As I am doing), however, it seems to me that one shouldn't actually treat it that way at the risk of developing some sort of schism. My question is, Should I treat my subconsciousness as 'it' or 'me'? Is it a part of me that I am simply aware of in a different manner or is it merely a 'tool' or something?

Your subconscious is definitely you, but it's not the same 'you' might make different decisions from the ones you make consciously.  Those decisions influence your behavior, however.  Consider the difference between how you might react to things when you were a child, and how you react to them now.  You're still the same person, but you don't make the same decisions.  The subconscious is 'you' without rationality, acting from emotion on information received.  It's very good at information processing, and deriving answers, but not so good at applying the results with perspective.  

This isn't a firm answer, because really, the answer is, 'both'.  

Winged Wolf

I am not a 'psychic reader'--I don't do readings. (If you ask me whether you're going to get a job, whether your boyfriend really loves you, or where your missing keys are, I will reject the question). Again, I do NOT do readings of any kind. Ask yourself: "Does answering my question require the USE of a psychic ability?" If the answer is yes, ask someone who does readings. I provide information and support FOR psychics. If you have unusual abilities and need help understanding how to learn to control them and how to deal with them, I can most likely help you.

I am an energy worker and psion with over 20 years experience.

The Psion Guild

I have written "Beginning Psionics: A Psionics Training Manual" and "The Care and Feeding of Vampires: An Energy-Workers' Guide to Real Vampirism", both of which are published through Lulu and have received excellent reviews.

High school graduate, extensively self-taught and mentored by other experienced practitioners.

Through Eclipse Metaphysical, I have hundreds of satisfied customers.