Psychics/Year Ahead

Hi there. I feel very emotional at the moment. My husband's father passed away just after we got married, several years ago now. And I think this has resulted in my husband's family not wanting that much to do with us anymore. We talk to him with our young daughter in her bedroom quite a lot and I miss him more than my own father! Also I have been trying to get pregnant and have just been referred for IVF and I am hoping that I get pregnant before that commences as I think I would struggle with my daughter as I have no help out here (we live in a sparse village!). I think I just need some 'guidance/reassurance'. Many thanks. (DOB 14.03.1972(.

Hello Jo, thank you for contacting me. I’m not too sure how you want me to help you but I get that when you are feeling down it’s difficult to be clear and even to know what the right questions are. I’ve experienced times in my life when, although nothing is wrong as such, everything seems less than OK. I have the impression that you are in one of those kinds of times – the IVF will be adding to the general sense of anxiety and uncertainty too.

Here is what I would do if I were in your shoes. I would not worry about your husband’s family. You can’t control other people and neither are you responsible for what they feel or what they do. They will need you before you need them .. so … give them the space they appear to need and let them come into contact when they are comfortable to do so. You don’t need them, any of them, for you to be happy or for your marriage to continue well. Extended family are like optional extras – nice for the time they are around but totally unessential! Families are overrated Jo – way overrated. There is nothing you can do or say that will make them behave in a way that will be more pleasing to you – so don’t trouble yourself to even go there. Be you, let them be,  and time will do the rest.

Apart from anything else you need to be in a good feeling place for your IVF. My experience of IVF is limited but like anything to do with the body, tension, anxiety, worry etc will not serve you well. Don’t focus on the IVF – just go through process – focus your attention on how satisfying it is (not will be ..but  IS) to be a mother. The IVF programme will not turn you into a mother – you are that already, the IVF is just a way to bring a child to a mother. It seems like playing with words but I promise you this is the most accurate and beneficial way to look at it AND I have your husband’s father urging me as I write this so I know I’m offering good advice – it’s not just mine. You are a mum already – the IVF is just a way to develop what already is – no big deal here and all will be fine.

Despite your physical and emotional isolation (at least this is how it seems to you) things are going very well for you and you can relax far more than you have been giving yourself permission. The uncertainty you feel will produce a feeling of powerlessness in you that can make you a bit depressed. So, being as you really can’t control the people and places around you, (you are welcome to try but good luck with that!) you need to take stunning and joyous control of the one thing you actually can control – YOU. You were not born to be anxious, you were born to create and create joyfully with inspiration and confidence in your knowledge of who you are. This is the only feeling that is true and worthwhile cultivating and it is also the only feeling that will be of genuine benefit to those around you – even those funny inlaw relatives of yours  If you wait for someone else to make you feel your best then you are in for a long wait and a very bumpy ride. You need only you first and foremost – get this right, get that feeling of power and knowledge flowing through your blessed veins and the rest just falls into place. Promise.

Best wishes to you and hope continuing to be a mum continues to be a source of great joy for you. Roy Pierce

Roy Pierce

I can answer questions concerning people's desire to have some form of contact with deceased friends or relatives or, if required, animals. In summary, I consider myself an expert on communication between physical and non-physical reality. While I can act as a medium, I prefer to teach people how to make contact themsleves. I would prefer questions to be marked as private, if possible. Please not that information to answer questions of this kind is not immediately available, effort and time are required to establish a satisfactory response so please do not mind that it may take a day or two to receive an answer - this does not mean I have forgotten you. I am currently living and working in south east Asia so there is a time factor there too for those who contact me from Europe and the States - it is, however, an absolute pleasure to deal with people from all over the globe.

As an ordained minister, I have had 15 years experience in dealing with bereavement and bereaved people. Many have asked if it is possible to contact deceased people. I beleive it is possible for anyone to contact any non-physical reality and I have helped many people do this from different cultures, religions and countries.

Caritas International / Roman Catholic Church

E-book and website pending

I have a Diploma in Philosophy and an MA in Theology for Ministry from the Catholic University of Leuven.

as per educational credentials above

Many bereaved people from various religions and cultures and countries.