I have just started writing a book.  People are telling me that this is a hard career to get into and that I shouldn't even give it a try.  I don't know if you can tell me if I will sell anything if I follow this venture.  I would hate to spend months of my live working hard to prove them right.

Hi, Tiffany,

It is a hard career to get into, and yet look at all the books that still somehow make it into print. One of them might as well be yours.

I can in fact see you having a book published in the future, but it looks more like you will go the self-publishing or e-book route rather than signing a contract with a traditional publishing house, whether large or small. And I think you will sell a fair number of copies because you are willing to "think outside the box" in terms of how and where to find your audience. It will be part of your career, but not your entire, making-a-living career.

It also feels like you are tethered to some nay-saying that reflects your own doubts, and this can really sabotage you in both work and life. The above publishing scenario is not set in stone, and it probably will not happen if you buy into the negativity.

All blessings —

Nancy Crowe

Need another perspective? I can offer insights on your life, work, and the people you share them with — in the physical world and on the other side — through words, images, and feelings. I cannot make medical diagnoses or specific predictions on the timing of events.

*** While I am on hiatus here, please visit me at; I offer a one-question email reading ($20) and other options. ***

I’m a lifelong intuitive and medium, but kept that on the back burner for much of my life. As my abilities began to open and expand, I decided to use these God-given gifts to help others.

In addition to holding a master’s degree in theology, I am a Reiki master and have studied intuitive development, animal communication, and medical intuition.