QUESTION: Hi. I am in a place where I'm contemplating which profession I should pursue. What area of work can you see me happy with in the future?

ANSWER: Hi, Kat,

As soon as I read your question, I started seeing musical instruments and music stands. I don't see any people up close but there's a lot of rushing around in the background. There are also a few random sounds like those of musicians tuning their instruments. I don't know exactly what you are doing, but it feels like you are the calm in the midst of the storm. Does any of this ring a bell, so to speak?

QUESTION: Hmmm. None of that really rings a bell; are the noises most definitely musical? My music talent is quite lacking.

OK, that tells me the musical setting is a metaphor and you'll be "orchestrating" something. :-) Your role seems to be pulling loose ends together, listening over discordant sounds, and generally keeping things running smoothly and sanely.

Office manager is the first occupation that springs to mind, with directing a creative (perhaps nonprofit) organization as another strong possibility. Your energy feels practical and steady, and that you have that rare gift of planning and yet not getting totally flummoxed when the plans go a bit off course. The fact that you are the calm amid the storm could indicate one of the helping professions as well, such as a nurse or therapist.  

Nancy Crowe

Need another perspective? I can offer insights on your life, work, and the people you share them with — in the physical world and on the other side — through words, images, and feelings. I cannot make medical diagnoses or specific predictions on the timing of events.

*** While I am on hiatus here, please visit me at; I offer a one-question email reading ($20) and other options. ***

I’m a lifelong intuitive and medium, but kept that on the back burner for much of my life. As my abilities began to open and expand, I decided to use these God-given gifts to help others.

In addition to holding a master’s degree in theology, I am a Reiki master and have studied intuitive development, animal communication, and medical intuition.