I have been with my boyfriend for almost 6 years. A few weeks ago he left to study abroad and he's coming back in 2 years. We've had our ups and downs through these years but I feel happy with him. Will this long distance thing affect us? How does he really feel, about me, about our current situation and about the future?

Hi, Farrah,

I think this two-year absence will pose a challenge to your relationship. He loves you and wants to continue the relationship, but I think he's in a little bit of denial about how difficult it will be. And I think the difficulty is going to be on his side more than yours. It feels like he is entering a transformational time in his life — he is learning a lot about himself and the world, and studying abroad will certainly lead to more discovery. I think something or someone there is going to interest him — and at this point I'm not sure if it's another person, a job/career possibility, or simply wanting to stay there rather than coming back. Since this is his to sort out, there is really nothing you can do but continue to be supportive and create as much space for open communication as you can. There is the old saying: If you love something, set it free . . . if it comes back to you, it's yours; if it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be.

All blessings,

Nancy Crowe

Need another perspective? I can offer insights on your life, work, and the people you share them with — in the physical world and on the other side — through words, images, and feelings. I cannot make medical diagnoses or specific predictions on the timing of events.

*** While I am on hiatus here, please visit me at; I offer a one-question email reading ($20) and other options. ***

I’m a lifelong intuitive and medium, but kept that on the back burner for much of my life. As my abilities began to open and expand, I decided to use these God-given gifts to help others.

In addition to holding a master’s degree in theology, I am a Reiki master and have studied intuitive development, animal communication, and medical intuition.