Psychics/Beauty in the eye of the beholder?

Hi Corbie!
My name is Hope I was born (5/24/93)and I am currently seeking some advice on my overall relationships. I am currently trying to get involved with a man, his name is Andrew (Aj for short) and he has basically shown me the great things this life has to offer, but the problem is he hasnt made the best choices with my folks. Though he tells me he is dating me not my parents he does mention that he would like for my parents to like him. Now, he is a little on the slow side on what he should do to prove to them what he has been proving to me, but my family absolutely DOES NOT want me involved with this person. They say he is bad for me, but only provides examples like him not calling me when we "broke up" or him not formally introducing himself to my parents or not writing my mom back on facebook. Though I agree somewhat with them that this is wrong in a way, for me it doesn't scream RUN if you know what I mean. These for me are just some simple stumbles. Now Aj was born (08/01/89). He tells me all the good things I want to hear like how much he likes me and he wants to be together and he will wait and do anything he has to do to make this work and that he would be lost without me; wants to take care of me. Is this just something that has gotten to my head? do you get any kind of negative aura on him? is he straight up a player not the right one? I just need some guidance and a little advice because these "small" issues that I consider; are "major" ones in my families eyes and it's basically putting some tension in the house and ruining my relationships with my family members, but i dont want to close the door on something that was meant to be. If you can please give me some input on what you see in the future or what is coming to you in my situation that would be great! Thank you again for reading this and I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Hope --  I pulled a Tarot relationship spread for you and AJ, and here's what I got:

YOU:  JUDGEMENT:  Just because your family is judging him doesn't mean you should -- at least not for their reasons.  Now is the time for you to look very carefully at this relationship and decide if you are "all in" or not.

AJ:  PRINCE OF CUPS: This is usually someone who is warmhearted and communicative, who loves old-fashioned love.  If he hasn't hit it off with your folks, give him a chance; he could wear them down with charm, but it may take a while.

THE RELATIONSHIP AS IT STANDS NOW:  5 of Swords.  That is the card that says your parents' manipulation could blow this out of the water unless you stand strong as a unit.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:  King of Pentacles.  You and AJ need to prove to your parents in strong, practical ways that you know what it is to have a full relationship.  My philosophy:  the best relationships are 60/60 -- each partner goes a little more than half way so that the ten percent "overlap" cements it during the tough times.

BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME:  The Empress.  It's a fertile time for affairs of the heart!  Nurture the relationship; it's worth working on.

As far as your family is concerned, be polite but firm.  You are not jumping to marry him (it IS too soon).  But you are going to put time into the relationship to see if it really has staying power.  The less you rise to the emotional bait and show your calm maturity, the more likely it is that they will come around.

Blessings to you and AJ!

To be fair to both me and to the hundreds of others who seek our guidance, YOUR READING QUESTION MUST BE SET TO PUBLIC IF YOU WISH A REPLY, and only ask me for one free reading here. I do this pro bono work in order to give people a chance to see if my energy is a good “fit,” but this is my FULL TIME LIVING and needs to be respected as such. For a private reading or follow up session with me please visit me at . I do offer a one question email reading there for follow ups, via phone or email. You can also email me at for a reading appointment. I'm a very "practical intuitive" -- not a lot of fluff and rainbows, so if you are looking for information that is useful and able to move your life in the direction you want (and help you deal with the challenges we all have), then I'm your person. I'm most often asked questions about relationships, karmic path, spiritual journey, family, finances, and career. Entrepreneurial questions are my favorites! I'm excellent at helping you figure out what's ahead as you strike out on your own, or helping you to create the business you dream of. I am also a specialist in Past Life Retrieval and Analysis, and adapt at channeling your Spirit Guides, Angels and Higher Self. Please understand that I don't give simple yes/no answers. I do what I call "drill down" readings, getting to the heart of matters and giving you the information you need so that YOU can make your decisions, based on your own free will. While I am also a medium and medical intuitive, I prefer being in person for those services, and therefore am not offering them here. I do, however, do healing work long distance. I do not do forensic (criminal investigative) psychic work.

I have been on the mystic’s path since 1973 -- meeting challenges, always questioning, leading the “examined life.” It’s proved to me an essential Cosmic Truth: God gives all of us what we need for a life filled with miracles and joy, and as long as our hearts are open, whole, and aligned with our Source Energy, anything is possible. (And it never hurts to bring laughter on the path with you!) If I can share that blessing with you, I', doing things right. I've investigated alternative ways of teaching, counseling and healing since 1973. In 1994, working on past life investigations proved a catalyst for my own abilities. Without formal instruction of any kind, I found myself able to do hands-on healing and distance energy work. I became a liaison between discarnate entities and those of us currently “in form.” I proved to be a doorway Home for souls caught in the Grey Spaces -- those who have died but for some reason cannot get to the Light on their own, and therefore haunt the living. And I found I have a talent for channeling souls and Higher Selves for those who need to know the "hows and whys" of their life challenges. What I do now is a combination of these unexpected gifts and more accessible tools I've found useful over the years. I am a Certified Professional Tarot Reader (through the Tarot Certification Board of America), Certified Psychic (through the American Federation of Certified Psychics and Mediums), trained medium and ordained minister. My work is showcased in Robert Schwartz’s breakthrough series, YOUR SOUL’S PLAN, YOUR SOUL’S GIFT and the upcoming third volume in the series. I speak and counsel on my radio show FIRE THROUGH SPIRIT on Empower Radio; at holistic expos, seminars and workshops throughout the US and Canada; and in one-on-one sessions with clients worldwide. .

American Tarot Association; American Association of Professional Intuitives, American Federation of Certified Psychics and Mediums; Sanctuary of the Beloved (Order of Melchizedek).

Bellesprit Magazine, Metaphysical Times, The Psychic Observer, Light Bridges Magazine

Self-taught, and on the Higher Roads.

As a full time intuitive consultant since 2001, I read roughly 1,000-1,200 people a year and have clients all over the world.