QUESTION: Dear Kimberly,

How do you think I can best communicate with my Daughter when things are upsetting between us and do you see us spending more quality time in future?,

I wasn't sure if you needed birth dates or her name but I can private message them,

Thank you for anything you can see or advise,

ANSWER: When I read your question I see two people who are both a bit stubborn. Like mother like daughter. You both get stuck in your opinions and do not want to budge until the other person gives a little. It is about being validated, and having your feelings validated. This is something you carried into this relationship with your daughter and she learned from you. The best way to open up the communication is to validate her feelings and then talk about why it was important to validate her. This will open an entirely new relationship for the two of you. You will learn as you teach her about this form of communication. By validating someone else's feelings it does not take away your own. Saying 'I understand...' means a lot sometimes.

I would be more than happy to provide further clarification if you wish to follow up with her first name.

QUESTION: Hello Kimberly and thank you for taking the time here to pick up on our situation!

My daughter's name is Sorrel and it is true that we 'lock horns. I have not always appreciated or validated her position. I struggle with my own feelings of  frustration and sadness due to illness that I am not like 'normal' mothers and the extra stresses this puts on our relationship.She knows I admire and support her adventurous spirit and following her passion but I do feel upset with her when she doesn't seem to think of family and friends who are not on her immediate horizon1

Expectations are pre-conceived resentments. What this means is that if you 'expect' her do something and she doesn't then you are going to have resentments towards her or some other feeling of disappointment. In her mind, she does think about her family and friends even when she is not reaching out or her behavior does not show this. She is very independent and this can sometimes look like she is aloof or disconnected from the rest of the world. For her it means not bothering others with her 'stuff', but moving full steam ahead on her own.

Think about when she was little and ask yourself where she might have heard "I can do it myself".

Questioning her motives or casting any blame in her direction causes her to shut down emotionally and pull away. Also be gentle with yourself, I sense you sometimes beat your 'self' up emotionally.

She will be there when she is needed the most, her family is important to her.

Many blessings

I am a Psychic Medium Certified by the American Federation of Certified Psychics and Mediums and by Doreen Virtue. I am not a Fortune Teller so please if you have a legitimate question I will help you find clarity by seeing/feeling/hearing the situation and can convey this information back to you so that you are able to make clear decisions. Relationship, career, relocation, spiritual path, spirit guides, animal totems, dreams, soul loss, messages from loved ones crossed over; I am able to pick up on the people around a situation also and feel the emotions attached to the situation. I am direct and to the point and I will not sugar-coat my replies to you. I can be reached for private email readings at

A lifetime of just knowing things that there was not a reason for me to know led me to seeking information for things that could not be explained. After spending many years working professionally as an energy worker (Reiki Master, Level III Integrated Energy Therapy, Shamanic Practitioner and Crystal Therapy Practitioner); Spirit nudged me to open the door for my Psychic and Mediumship work. I have been dowsing with pendulums since I was 9 years old and obtained my first deck of Tarot Cards at the age of 13. However, I prefer to work with the Oracles and use 3 decks of cards that represent the three Shamanic worlds I work in.

American Federation of Certified Psychics and Mediums; Kripalu Yoga and Wellness Center - Board Member; Bellesprit Magazine - Columnist/Marketing Director

Bellesprit Magazine

Holistic Nutrition - Clayton College of Natural Health; Business Administration/Marketing JCC Graphic Design Kansas City Kansas Technical College

"The United States and the World's Best Psychics, Mediums, Healers, Astrologers, Palmists, Witches and Tarot Leaders 2013-2014" ; Deans List Clayton College of Natural Health; Deans List and Presidents (business administration/marketing studies JCC)

I live in the US but have clients worldwide. I only speak English, however, email and translation allows this to be possible.