Psychology/Interview with a Psychologist.

Question
Hi, i am doing a career project for school on psychology and i am having a hard time finding a psychologist that i can interview with such short notice. i hope you can help:) i have just a few questions, if you do not mind taking a couple minutes to answer them.
1.) how long have you been working in this field?
2.) Do you enjoy it?
3.) how long were you in school studying psychology?
4.) What type of degree do you have?
5.)What is a typical workday like?
6.) Pros and Cons of the job?
7.) what made you want to pursue this job?
8.) The most interesting aspect of your work?
Thank you.

Answer
Briana,

Thank you for submitting your question to me at AllExperts.
1) I have been working in the field of psychology, in some capacity since 1996.
2) I do enjoy what I do as a psychologist.
3) I spent 4 years on my Bachelor's degree, four years (including thesis project) on my Master's degree, and six years (including dissertation research and internship) completing my doctoral degree. So, after high school, I have spent a total of 14 years on my education.
4) I have a Doctorate of Psychology (Psy.D.)
5) I check in with the social workers and nursing staff for the residents that I am seeing at the nursing homes. Then I see a few clients in a private practice setting.
6) Pros: I get to meet a lot of people, facilitate growth, and my workdays are rarely the same.
  Cons: There is a lot of paperwork for billing insurance companies.
7) I really enjoy working with people when they are not at their best and helping them to grow.
8) Some of the unique situations that I hear about or experience with clients.

Best wishes,
Dr. Luna

Psychology

Kristina Luna