Psychology/Interview with a Psychologist.

Hi, i am doing a career project for school on psychology and i am having a hard time finding a psychologist that i can interview with such short notice. i hope you can help:) i have just a few questions, if you do not mind taking a couple minutes to answer them.
1.) how long have you been working in this field?
2.) Do you enjoy it?
3.) how long were you in school studying psychology?
4.) What type of degree do you have?
5.)What is a typical workday like?
6.) Pros and Cons of the job?
7.) what made you want to pursue this job?
8.) The most interesting aspect of your work?
Thank you.

Thank you for submitting your question to me at AllExperts.
1) I have been working in the field of psychology, in some capacity since 1996.
2) I do enjoy what I do as a psychologist.
3) I spent 4 years on my Bachelor's degree, four years (including thesis project) on my Master's degree, and six years (including dissertation research and internship) completing my doctoral degree. So, after high school, I have spent a total of 14 years on my education.
4) I have a Doctorate of Psychology (Psy.D.)
5) I check in with the social workers and nursing staff for the residents that I am seeing at the nursing homes. Then I see a few clients in a private practice setting.
6) Pros: I get to meet a lot of people, facilitate growth, and my workdays are rarely the same.
  Cons: There is a lot of paperwork for billing insurance companies.
7) I really enjoy working with people when they are not at their best and helping them to grow.
8) Some of the unique situations that I hear about or experience with clients.

Best wishes,
Dr. Luna

Kristina Luna

I specialize in clinical psychology with particular experience in clinical hypnosis, borderline personality disorder, LGBTQ, and aging. I have not worked with children for several years and would not feel comfortable answering child and adolescent based questions. My interests in adult psychology are fairly diverse, so please, sent me a question and lets see if I can help.

I have been working in the field of psychology, to some degree, since 1998. Initially, my work was more behaviorally based, but through my educational and training experiences, I have expanded to a more eclectic viewpoint. I have taught introductory psychology and have worked in college counseling. I have also studied hypnosis for several years, completing my dissertation on basic research in hypnosis. Finally, I completed my internship and residency in a transitional treatment program for young adults (18 - 16) with difficulty transitioning from home.

Doctor of Psychology 2009 Indiana University of Pennsylvania Indiana, Pennsylvania Master of Arts in Psychology 2002 MCP Hahnemann/Drexel University Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Bachelor of Arts in Psychology 1997 Keuka College Keuka Park, New York