Psychology/I need to interview someone with a degree in psychology

Question
Hi I was wondering if you could answer some questions on what its like to be a psychologist. I am interested in the field and I have a paper due based on some questions so if you could answer them that would be terrific.
1. What do you do at work on a typical day?
2. What is your work environment like?
3. What do you like most about your job?
4. What do you like least about your job?
5. How much education would be helpful for someone who wanted to enter this field?
6. How did you get into your current career?
7. What is unique about the psychology industry?
8. What are the employment prospects for someone entering the psychology field?
9. What areas are growing/ changing in the psychology field?
10. What is your economic forecast for psychology?

Answer
Annie,

I often receive these class assignments, so for several of your questions, I will refer you to previous responses where you can find the answers on your own.

Questions 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 - please refer to previous questions submitted to me at AllExperts.

6 - I selected this career choice because it is a growing area of psychology, and medicine as a whole.

7 - Psychology is the only mental health field licensed to complete psychological assessments (intelligence testing, personality testing, etc...).

8 - Employment prospects vary with the level of education. With a bachelor's in psychology, you can work in nearly any field requiring a bachelor's degree. Specifically in the field of psychology, you can work as a lab assistant for a major university or special research program, or work in select positions in private industry. With a Master's degree, there are some states in which you can practice under the license of another psychologist. If you want to work independently, you need a doctorate in most states and the jobs are a bit more scarce, depending on the area.

9 - Areas of growth include - military/ veterans psychology, geriatric psychology, and Industrial/occupational psychology.

10 - Psychologists will need to integrate more with the field of medicine to survive.  

Psychology

Kristina Luna