Psychology/change personality trait

Hi Kristina.I have a problem.I'm 29yrs.I think I love a girl.but I discovered that I'm so jealous.I mean I can't bear that she talks or laugh with other guys.I never thought I would be like that.but this is killing me.and I didn't tell her that I loved or carry emotions to her because of that.we have been friends for 2 yrs.and talk alot on phone.but she never comment on my posts on facebook although she do that with other guys.she is confusing me.I tried to take resperidone 1mg daily.coz I thought I may have some kind of psychiatric illness.but that didn't work.I consulted a tarrot reader and he told me I'd regret not telling her my emotions.what should I do?how can I love her?do I really have a problem or this is just wrong thinking?How to change that?

Thank you for submitting your question to me here at AllExperts! It can be very upsetting to experience unrequited love, especially if there are other people who are interested in in her. Your feelings of jealousy are normal in that until you have shared your interest in her, you create a world in your mind in which she reciprocates your feelings. It is possible that she is just as interested in you as you are in her, but you cannot find this out without expressing your interest (perhaps asking her for a date before you express your undying love for her). If she feels the same, it may be that she is not commenting on your fb page because she is afraid that YOU do not share HER feelings.

It is unlikely that this is a psychiatric illness as psychosis occurs in only .01% of the populations (in other words, one person in every 10,000). Stop taking risperidone, unless it is prescribed by a physician, and talk to her. If she does not share your feelings, then I would recommend moving on, perhaps with the help of a therapist.

Dr. Luna

Kristina Luna

I specialize in clinical psychology with particular experience in clinical hypnosis, borderline personality disorder, LGBTQ, and aging. I have not worked with children for several years and would not feel comfortable answering child and adolescent based questions. My interests in adult psychology are fairly diverse, so please, sent me a question and lets see if I can help.

I have been working in the field of psychology, to some degree, since 1998. Initially, my work was more behaviorally based, but through my educational and training experiences, I have expanded to a more eclectic viewpoint. I have taught introductory psychology and have worked in college counseling. I have also studied hypnosis for several years, completing my dissertation on basic research in hypnosis. Finally, I completed my internship and residency in a transitional treatment program for young adults (18 - 16) with difficulty transitioning from home.

Doctor of Psychology 2009 Indiana University of Pennsylvania Indiana, Pennsylvania Master of Arts in Psychology 2002 MCP Hahnemann/Drexel University Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Bachelor of Arts in Psychology 1997 Keuka College Keuka Park, New York