Psychology/porn

Question
I like to look at porn and read erotic fanfiction. I do it a lot. I'll spend hours on erotic websites then feel guilt about it. (BTW, I'm twenty-three, single and FRUSTRATED). I feel guilt about looking at porn. Is this normal?

Answer
It really depends on if it is interfering with other parts of your life. Really only you can decide if it is or not. Looking at porn can be normal. Guilt in looking at can also be normal too, especially if live in areas where culture or religion prohibits it.  In excess it can lead to problems in your life and become an addiction. If it does then seeking a local psychologist may be a help. You might want put some of that time and energy into meeting a partner and socializing. Cut back on it see if guilt is eased.  

Psychology

Paul Edward Zukowski