Psychology/Psychology Interview

Question
Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions. I am doing a project for my first year experience class where I have to interview someone who is working in the field that I would like to be in or who majored in my current area of study. If you could help me out it would really be appreciated.

1. What made you choose psychology?
2. What would you say is the most rewarding part of your day?
3. What is a typical day like for you?
4. If you could change one thing about your path to where you are now what would it be?
5. What advice do you have for someone starting off in psychology?

Answer
Hi Courtney,

Thanks for submitting your questions to me here at AllExperts.com. Please find my responses with the questions below:

1. What made you choose psychology? I really enjoy helping people and understood the concepts in the classes.
2. What would you say is the most rewarding part of your day? Seeing the changes people make
3. What is a typical day like for you? I work in several different settings, so my life is rather hectic! Typically, I spend the mornings assessing people for social services via clinical interview and possibly some intelligence testing. In the afternoons, I either go to nursing homes to provide services there or go to my private practice.
4. If you could change one thing about your path to where you are now what would it be? I would have gone straight through school rather than taking my time. I also would have sought out a post bachelor's degree internship to gain experience in the field (Devereux offers several). Also, I don't recommend seeking a terminal master's degree if you eventually want a Ph.D. or Psy.D., it is a waste of time.
5. What advice do you have for someone starting off in psychology? Connect with a good mentor and participate in his/her research projects, if you are able.

Best wishes,
Dr. Luna

Psychology

Kristina Luna