Psychology/blood test.

I went to see a clinical psychologist today because I have been feeling depressed. He asked that I go to my primary doctor to get my blood tests to factor out the possibility of thyroid issues. is that normal?

Although your psychologists request is not standard practice, it should be! A malfunctioning thyroid can cause someone to experience depression or mania, depending on what the thyroid is doing. By encouraging you get bloodwork done with your pcp, he is ruling out the possibility of a medical cause for your depression. This is best practice!

Best wishes,
Dr. Luna

Kristina Luna

I specialize in clinical psychology with particular experience in clinical hypnosis, borderline personality disorder, LGBTQ, and aging. I have not worked with children for several years and would not feel comfortable answering child and adolescent based questions. My interests in adult psychology are fairly diverse, so please, sent me a question and lets see if I can help.

I have been working in the field of psychology, to some degree, since 1998. Initially, my work was more behaviorally based, but through my educational and training experiences, I have expanded to a more eclectic viewpoint. I have taught introductory psychology and have worked in college counseling. I have also studied hypnosis for several years, completing my dissertation on basic research in hypnosis. Finally, I completed my internship and residency in a transitional treatment program for young adults (18 - 16) with difficulty transitioning from home.

Doctor of Psychology 2009 Indiana University of Pennsylvania Indiana, Pennsylvania Master of Arts in Psychology 2002 MCP Hahnemann/Drexel University Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Bachelor of Arts in Psychology 1997 Keuka College Keuka Park, New York