Psychology/homosexuals sexually abused?

Could abuse be a cause of homosexuality? Several homosexuals I know were abused sexually as children. Could there be a link? Have any studies been done on this? Couldn't this also explain the high correlation between homosexuality and depression?

While its not unheard of that some homosexuals were abused sexually as children. I seen nothing to indicate its cause and effect. However, there is much higher rate of Gay people who sexually abused as children then in general population. So it may be a factor for some people. We really do not know what causes homosexuality. The claim of a "Gay Gene" has failed to be proven. There were more Gay born in Britain during the blitz. Mothers stress could play a role. There some indication that there may biological component in terms hormones. That can effect how brains fire. I saw small study that said Gay men's brain fire more like a woman brain and Gay woman's fire more like male brains on PET Scans.
Gay people do have higher rates of depression, suicide, alcoholism, and drug abuse. That could be partly do to being a tiny section of the population (3%)that not always excepted.  
My best guess is that its some combination of nature and nurture. There may not be any known recipe as to its cause. Many say they always knew they were Gay.  Feel free to ask follow ups.

Paul Edward Zukowski

My area of interest is in personality and abnormal psychology. In addition to basic personality and abnormal psychology, I am fascinated with sexual and gender identity disorders.

This is my major area of study and I have hands-on experience with teens & adults.

Life Experience
What follows is my general biography. After all, who we are affects our opinions and even our statements of fact.

I hold a AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ. and a BA from Trinity College, Hartford Ct. both in Psycology. I also have 11 other professional certifications.

I have received 31 awards for various activities. My writings have been published in ?The Other Voice? and other publications. I had my original music published, licensed and recorded by David Kaye. I was a guest on CyberRadio & TV and many other talk radio programs. I welcome interviews and I am willing to act as a technical advisor to various media.

I am single and have resided in Hartford, Ct. since 1976. I have no children. I am a political conservative with libertarian leanings and a registered Republican. I am a Roman Catholic.

I have worked in the following areas, entertainment, real estate, mortgage banking, and human services. I have owned 2 businesses. Some of my interests include politics, law, history, and current events.Hobbies I partake in include music, target shooting and cars (my Camaro rumbles)

If you wish to find out more about me, feel free to visit my web page PEZmans World.
I am now retired (yes I am young, no I did not win the lottery) I consider Allexperts my full time job in a way.

You can find me in many other areas of

Current Events: U.S.
U.S. Politics
Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics
Military Policy & Weapons
Military History
U.S. History
Supreme Court Cases
Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty
Miscellaneous, Serial Murder, Rape, Arson and other sexually motivated crimes
2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms
Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports
Conspiracies & Extremism
Careers: Music
Hartford, Ct.
Trinity College, Hartford, Ct.
Eastern Connecticut State University

Organizations belong to

Cleo of AX Alpha Chi (former Alpha Chi Chapter of DKE)
National Rifle Association
Connecticut State Rifle and Revolver Assoc.
Windsor Marksman Assoc.
The Republican Party
The Roman Catholic Church
History of Hartford Project

Publications and Media Appearances

?The Other Voice? published articles.
?The Frogbelly Local? published articles.
?Hey Little Lady? {song} published Americord Records
Talk Radio appearances include;
Mornings with Ushi, CyberRadio & TV, Broadcast in Los Angles CA. worldwide via the internet.
The Lynda Mercer Show on Power Talk WULF 94.3 FM Radcliffe, Kentucky
The Allen Price Show on WRVA Newsradio 1140 AM Richmond, VA
and many more.
I have been a tech advisor to more than a dozen authors.

AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ.
BA from Trinity College
11 other professional certifications

I have received 31 awards and honors for various activities.