Psychology/detecting a lie

Question
Hello,
I think you could help me with this question.
how would you detect that a person is lying to you?
1.when the two of you are conversing in straight &
2.In a telephone ( i mean just by voice how to identify them)

I rarely observe how the person is conversing since i focus on only what they're saying.
If this question is out of your expertise/wrong category please help me in suggesting the correct category where the question should be put.
Thank you.

Answer
Mick,

Thank you for submitting your question to me here at AllExperts! Communication in the West (Americas) is very complex and depends very little on the actual words spoken. It has been estimated that between 70% and 90% of the meaning of our conversations is non-verbal. That being said, you need to attend to the other aspects of the speakers presentation such as vocal tone, pitch, and fluency. You should also attend to their rate of speech, their facial expressions, and their body language. For more information search "Laura A Freberg"

Best wishes,
Dr. Luna

Psychology

Kristina Luna