Psychology/acknowlegments

Question
Hello Dr. Luna,

RE: work related question.  Every Wednesday we have a 90 min. sales meeting.  My question pertains to what happens at the last 3-5 minutes of every meeting.  We are put on the spot and asked to vocalize this: "I want to be acknowledged for..."  This is mandatory and many feel uncomfortable in drawing attention to themselves in front of their peers.  What is the psychology behind this.  Why won't management just tell us why they feel we should be acknowledged?  Just curious as to your explanation of this management strategy and it's intentions.  Please advise.

Thanks for reading this.

E. Simon
5-8-2013

Answer
E.Simon

Thank you for sending your question to me here at AllExperts. Your management team likely wants two things to happen. First they want to know what you are proud of, what you believe your accomplishments are. Secondly, they may be using this as a way to encourage you by the actions and accomplishments of your peers.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Luna

Psychology

Kristina Luna