Psychology/Kidnapper/Victim Psychology

Question
I'm starting research on a project that requires extensive knowledge into the minds of a kidnapper and his victim, including a thorough understanding of Stockholm Syndrome. Specific topics of interest:
- What types of people would engage in a "sexual gratification" style of kidnapping, and what are the psycho/environmental factors that would drive their deciding to do so? Would there be a build-up to this type of event? What sort of life path would they go through before getting there?
- What does Stockholm Syndrome look like as it's developing, and what does the recovery program for a Stockholm victim look like?
- How much is known about "Lima Syndrome"? How does that develop, and what does it look like?

I expect this research process to take several months, so I don't expect a quick answer to all of the above - rather, I'm looking for resources to begin delving into this topic in great detail. Academic texts, case studies, and memoirs -- particularly any memoirs written by a kidnapper -- would be particularly useful at this time, as would referrals to some experts on this topic.

Thanks for your help!

Answer
Hi David,
This way too involved to answer in this short answer format. Would I recommend is go to academic library and speak to reference librarian. There databases will have access to psychnet. The journals with be there. Other wise, you need to buy each study, one at a time. It will get expensive fast.

In terms of do they get "sexual gratification", in general you need to get sexually motivated offenders (rapist, arsonists and murderers). Sexual Homicide: Patterns and Motives by Ressler Douglas and Burgess.

You will also want to explore sexual sadism. Here an over view.
http://www.forensicpsychiatry.ca/paraphilia/sadism.htm
http://www.officer.com/article/10233107/the-sexual-sadist

Evaluating Sex Offenders:
A Manual for Civil Commitments and Beyond by Doran will be helpful.  

Frequently Asked Questions About Kidnapping and Abduction
books.google.com/books?isbn=1448855632

Perfect Victim: The True Story of "The Girl in the Box" by the ...
books.google.com/books?isbn=0440204429

The Sex Chamber ...David Parker Ray
http://documentaryheaven.com/the-sex-chamber/

John T. Jamelske
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/sexual_assault/sex_slaves/13.ht

Here another case
http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/pasadena-news/article/Girl-says-she-was-kidnap

Here another case Operation Miranda Tapes of Torture by Leonard Lake and Charles Ng.
You can find it by google search. The tape is real. You can see some things the kidnapper will do. Warning its graphic.
Here generalized video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRtYoCzwT9w

I hope this helps you get started  

Psychology

Paul Edward Zukowski