Psychology/i'm concerned about my stepmother's mental state

My stepmother's always been a bit wacky, but she's gotten worse. She forbade me from buying fantasy books a long time ago, but she used to just confiscate them and put them in a box for me to bring back home (I only live with them during the summer). When I was 14 she burned them in a bonfire while screaming "in the name of Jesus!" (my dad and her got in a huge fight after that) I'm sixteen now and she's gotten even worse. She's now going to a snake-handling church. I'm actually concerned she's going to get bit and die. I don't like her, but I know my dad loves her. I don't want her to get killed. What should I do?

Hi Alyssa,
There really nothing you can do, other than try to talk to her. In itself, having extreme religious beliefs would not be a mental illness. Snake handling is protected as part of freedom of religion in many places. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says there are 7000 to 8000 snake bites a year only about 10 result in deaths. What you can do is find out where the closest hospital that keeps anti-venom is located. Venom 1 maybe able to tell you that.  Sorry I can not be of more help.

Paul Edward Zukowski

My area of interest is in personality and abnormal psychology. In addition to basic personality and abnormal psychology, I am fascinated with sexual and gender identity disorders.

This is my major area of study and I have hands-on experience with teens & adults.

Life Experience
What follows is my general biography. After all, who we are affects our opinions and even our statements of fact.

I hold a AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ. and a BA from Trinity College, Hartford Ct. both in Psycology. I also have 11 other professional certifications.

I have received 31 awards for various activities. My writings have been published in ?The Other Voice? and other publications. I had my original music published, licensed and recorded by David Kaye. I was a guest on CyberRadio & TV and many other talk radio programs. I welcome interviews and I am willing to act as a technical advisor to various media.

I am single and have resided in Hartford, Ct. since 1976. I have no children. I am a political conservative with libertarian leanings and a registered Republican. I am a Roman Catholic.

I have worked in the following areas, entertainment, real estate, mortgage banking, and human services. I have owned 2 businesses. Some of my interests include politics, law, history, and current events.Hobbies I partake in include music, target shooting and cars (my Camaro rumbles)

If you wish to find out more about me, feel free to visit my web page PEZmans World.
I am now retired (yes I am young, no I did not win the lottery) I consider Allexperts my full time job in a way.

You can find me in many other areas of

Current Events: U.S.
U.S. Politics
Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics
Military Policy & Weapons
Military History
U.S. History
Supreme Court Cases
Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty
Miscellaneous, Serial Murder, Rape, Arson and other sexually motivated crimes
2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms
Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports
Conspiracies & Extremism
Careers: Music
Hartford, Ct.
Trinity College, Hartford, Ct.
Eastern Connecticut State University

Organizations belong to

Cleo of AX Alpha Chi (former Alpha Chi Chapter of DKE)
National Rifle Association
Connecticut State Rifle and Revolver Assoc.
Windsor Marksman Assoc.
The Republican Party
The Roman Catholic Church
History of Hartford Project

Publications and Media Appearances

?The Other Voice? published articles.
?The Frogbelly Local? published articles.
?Hey Little Lady? {song} published Americord Records
Talk Radio appearances include;
Mornings with Ushi, CyberRadio & TV, Broadcast in Los Angles CA. worldwide via the internet.
The Lynda Mercer Show on Power Talk WULF 94.3 FM Radcliffe, Kentucky
The Allen Price Show on WRVA Newsradio 1140 AM Richmond, VA
and many more.
I have been a tech advisor to more than a dozen authors.

AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ.
BA from Trinity College
11 other professional certifications

I have received 31 awards and honors for various activities.