Psychology/sexuality

Question
Hello!
What will happen if one chooses not to do anything sexual (maybe due to religious belief)? Does human sexuality even work like that?
And is it true that people who have problem with pornography actually have a deep emotional wound deep inside?

Answer
Hi Andrew:

Thank you for your question. This one is a big out of my expertise but I will try to answer as best as I can. Just like any sexuality, straight, homosexual or bi-sexual it is not that they choose to not do anything sexually, these people have no interest in others sexually. Religious beliefs have nothing to do with it. This would be like saying did you wake up and choose to be straight today? On the other hand, for your last question, religious beliefs can have something to do with distaste for pornography. I doubt it has anything to do with deep emotional wounds. Men more often than women enjoy pornography. I would ask another psychologist, one who specializes in sex. I hope this helps.

Michael Stark

Ph D (in progress) Psychology
B/S/P
A/S Chemical Dependency  

Psychology

Michael Stark