Psychology/Interview

Question
I have to interview a psychologist for a school assignment. Would you mind answering a few questions for me?  I know that this is lengthy but it would be greatly appreciated if someone could find the time to answer this short interview. Thank you for your time.

1.What courses did you have to do to get into psychology?

2. Why did you choose this career?

3. What is your favourite thing about being a psychologist?

4. Are there any downsides to this career?

5. What qualities or interests do you think you have to have to become a psychologist?

6. What are your career development opportunites?

7. Briefly describe what you do in an average work day?

8. What are your work conditions like?

9. Is there a lot of demand for a person of your qualifications?

10. What is your name?

11. What school did you attend?

12. Do you ever regret becoming a psychologist?

13. What is your greatest achievement?

14. Would you recommend this job to others?

15. Does it take a particular personality to succeed at your job?

Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thank you very much.

Answer
Course work was an undergraduate major in psych: intro psych, developmental psych, abnormal psych, experimental psych, statistics, biopsych, sensation and perception.
I choose this career (experimental psychologist) because I found that studying the human brain and behavior was fascinating.  My favorite thing about being an experimental psychologist is that I can apply my knowledge and skills in every aspect of my life.  The downsides are for people who don't like rigorous logical thinking.  You need to be very rigorous and an analytical thinker.
My career is focused on teaching, conducting research and consulting with clients who need research projects conducted.  My work conditions are excellent.  I have no regrets about my career choice.  I would recommend this career.  My greatest achievement was running my own research and consulting business for 25 years.

Psychology

Katherine ONeill