Psychology/wais iv score

Hello, Im in my 60s and having recently taken the wais iv I find in this list of index scores that I range from 55%ile to 99.9%ile, Im wondering which of these indices reflects my true potential, the vci in this case would seem obvious, despite reduced fsiq. heres the list of standard index scores;

VCI 150; PRI 107; WM,102; PSI 108; FSIQ 123.

On wais iii, taken a few years ago;  
VCI 148; POI; 135; WM 117; PSI 103 FSIQ 141

I once had been prorated on a shortform test at around 150 iq, despite psycho/educational/social setbacks throughout childhood. My score on first wais test at age 20 of 106. So judging by these scores, it would seem my true potential is somewhat masked by such factors as anxiety, poor mastery of thought process, concentration etc. What is your expert opinion, does my VCI in this case, reflect my true ability level?  With thanks.

The wikipedia page for Weschler Adult Intelligence Test gives an excellent explanation of all of these subscores.

Actual academic performance and professional and personal success are not well correlated with IQ scores.  It is not really accurate to look at one of the subscores as measuring your "true ability".  Each of these subscores measures a different kind of cognitive processing.  It is very possible to be superior in one area and average in another.  The FSIQ is the full scale IQ, which takes into account all of the subscores.  AT 141, that is a superior score.  Your subscores indicate that you have strength in verbal comprehension and perceptual organization.  Processing speed is average.

You are a very bright person, but you process information at an average rate.

Hope this helps.

Katherine ONeill

I can answer academic questions about psychology. I am not a clinician (therapist), I am a research psychologist with expertise in biopsychology, general psychology, cognitive psychology, research methods and psychopharmacology.

I have 25 years experience as a researcher in health behavior, biopsychology and psychopharmacology.

Healthcare Businesswomen's Association

Applications of Market Research for Small Business UMBC Activate Program, March 2008 HIV/AIDS: An assessment of Need in the Continuum of Care. Optum Health Education., 12/2008 Maximizing the online medium for market research: Best practices. Market Research for Pharmaceuticals Conference, 12/06/2006 O誰eill, K.A. APD, ADD, ADHD and AD/HD: Personal and scientific reflections. Audiology Online, 6/6/2005. O誰eill, K.A. et al, Hyperactivity induced by NMDA injections into the nucleus accumbens. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior 34(4), Dec 1989, 739-745. O誰eill, K.A. and Liebman, J.M. Unique behavioral effects of the NMDA antagonist, CPP, upon injection into the medial prefrontal cortex of rats. Brain Research, 435(1-2), Dec 1987, 371-376. O誰eill, K.A. and Gertner, S.B. Effects of centally administered H2 antagonists on motor activity. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior. 264, 1987, 683-686. O誰eill, K.A. and Gertner, S.B. Effects of centrally administered H2 antagonists in the behavioral despair test. 90(2), 1986, 190-192. O誰eill, K.A. Chronic desipramine attenuates morphine analgesia. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior. 24(1), Jan 1986, 155 158. O誰eill, K.A. and Valentino, D. Escapability and generalization: Effect on 礎ehavioral despair. European Journal of Pharmacology 78(3), March 1982, 379-80. O誰eill, K.A. et al, An automated high capacity method for measuring jumping latencies on a hot plate. Journal of Pharmacological Methods, 10(1), Aug 1983, 13-18. O誰eill, K.A., Scott, C. and Weissman, A. Naloxone enhances nociceptive responding. Society for Neuroscience, Abstract 9: 274, 1983.

Ph.D. Experimental Psychology, University of Rhode Island, 1983. Post doctoral fellow dept of psychiatry, New York University Medical Center, 1983-1984. Post doctoral fellow, dept of pharmacology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1984-1985.