Psychology/memory based on time

Question
I am 43 years old male who has had bulimia and depression. I don't like writing things down but it seems that I only remember things i have to do if i can sense it ie. see, hear, feel etc. For example, I would go to the mailbox and if I don't come inside right away I will start doing things like yard work outside, completely forgeting the important things I have to do inside. I also have a habit of doing things as I see them. For example, if I a decide to fry some eggs and go to the drawer for the spatula and upon opening the drawer i realize it is cluttered and not easy to open., i will proceed to reorganize the entire drawer. If I realized I  ave eggs already cooking i will cook them them completly disregard the contents of the drawer which are now all over the counter. It seems that it is hard for me to let things go because i feel that i will forget to them. Is there a name for this or is it a form of OCD?

Answer
Rick, this is not my area of expertise, but what you are describing sounds to me like an attention problem.  You are being easily distracted.  Ask one of the clinicians on the AllExperts panel - a psychologist who sees patients.  I am a researcher.

Good luck.

Psychology

Katherine ONeill