Psychology/Cliques

Question
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolescent_cliques

I was wondering if there was any general idea of what percent of people fall into each clique in high school. I haven't found a reference to the assumed preportions. I am 34 years old and find cliques still kind of exist and a friend of mine and his brother are musician outsider types that don't care about popularity and I find they are much much more popular than me in real life and on Facebook and it depress me. Not sure what group I'd best be described as being in.

Answer
Cliques are not my area of expertise.   However, I can tell you that almost everything on Facebook is not representative of how people live.   People create a falsely positive impression of themselves and their lives with what they post on Facebook.  They don't post about their flat tire, bad performance review or herpes.  They very consciously are trying to create the impression that their life is wonderful and perfect.  It is completely biased and not accurate.

It is well documented that spending too much time on Facebook is associated with depression. So I would stop going on to Facebook.

What are your interests and passions?  Find other people who share those.   If your depression is serious, you should seek professional help - find a therapist.

Good luck

Psychology

Katherine ONeill